twitter
rss



                I am truly privileged to teach your children.  They are so fun to be with!!   I really enjoyed meeting all of you and getting a chance to have little parent teacher conferences chats with you.   Everything we do in class has a purpose.  Even the fun things we do help your child develop skills emotionally, physically, socially, or intellectually.

This month we will not have school Oct. 20th due to fall break. 

On Oct. 27th, we will have a short Halloween party to bring in some extra fun.  You child can wear their costume to school.  If you would like to come help out I love to have parents come play with us. Please let me know if you want to help out.  When I have party days we begin the day like a normal day and start with our normal routines, then the last hour of class we usually eat a fun and messy snack, then we play games.  The games we play are still beneficial and we learn while we play.  During the games the children are learning to wait their turn and be patient, learning throw, match, balance, and much more.  Our snack is usually creative and messy and develops fine motor skills.  The kids are excited and our routine is disrupted so it can be chaotic, but we have fun, and learning to control emotions during change and important too.   I will place a volunteer and donation sign-ups on my front door before party day.

Once in a while you may notice uncompleted worksheets in your child’s bag.  These are for you to complete at home for extra practice.  You do not need to send them back.  My 4 year old class will receive a worksheet almost weekly.  When your child is writing please make sure he/she is holding their pencil correctly.  I teach them to use alligator fingers.  Please ask me about it if you want to know more about it alligator fingers.  If your child is holding the pencil incorrectly their hand may get tired more quickly and it may make it more difficult to form their letters correctly.  This is the time to teach them correctly because it will be more difficult to change it later.

Thank you so much for reading my blog. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment